Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sundance-Where it all began

Justin and I met at a roommate picnic September 28, 2008 at Sundance Resort in Provo, UT.  Exactly 6 years ago today! That's the place our lives changed! Even though we had just met and there was a whole group of friends around, we never left each other's side that whole evening.  Even after returning from the picnic, we talked for hours after ward prayer that night, caught each other on Monday after FHE, went on a motorcyle ride on Wednesday, and had our first date Friday of that same week. We started dating exclusively and were married 8 months later! 

Because Sundance is "where it all began," each year for the past 6 years, we went back in September and took pictures on the same bridge, and usually enjoyed a picnic lunch to reminisce.  We are sad that this year, since we moved away to Texas, we don't get to go back to "our spot" at Sundance and we're especially missing the beautiful fall canyon colors. I decided we could reminisce by looking back at our photos from each year we visited:  



2008-Notice how after the first bridge picture, we are right by each other in every other photo!  Our knees are even touching, sheesh I barely met the guy! haha. But I was smitten from the beginning. :)

 2009- Love the fall colors this year. We look so young!

2010- It was a cold year, but still fun to go!

 2011- We found out I was finally pregnant, 3 days before our Sundance visit.  Fun to be able to celebrate that and the changes coming our way.

2012- First year we didn't go back alone, because we had Dallin in June!  He was 3 months old and enjoyed laying on a blanket during our picnic lunch.  Loved sharing "our place" with him.

2013- This year was sunny and warm and the day we went was the Fall festival where we got to see some wild birds, and horses.  My parents and brother came too, which was fun.  My parent's anniversary is on September 29th and they love driving the canyon and seeing the colors just like us.  We also took the lift ride to the top which was so fun.  Dallin had just learned to walk 2 months prior!

I love Sundance because it's where I met the love of my life!  I love him more every year, and really every day I spend with him. He amazes me with all he accomplishes and does for our family. He is the best husband and father and I'm so blessed to have him!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment